2020 Geo-Resolution Conference
Geo-Resolution 2020 was scheduled for March 2020, coinciding with the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in the City of St. Louis. Following the guidance of public health officials, the president of Saint Louis University, in consultation with the director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, decided to postpone the Geo-Resolution 2020 Conference.
Later in 2020, Saint Louis University partnered with the United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) to organize a special edition virtual conference by merging the traditional Geospatial Gateway Forum with Geo-Resolution. This resulted in the Geospatial Gateway Forum, Special Edition, with Geo-Resolution 2020 that was held on October 19, 20 and 21, 2020.
Panels and speakers explored emerging location science capabilities including the potential to aid vulnerable populations and improve overall community resilience. This was a multi-faceted event featured keynote and panel discussions, technology demonstrations of innovative work happening in and around the St. Louis region, networking opportunities, academic poster presentations and more.
Segments of the Geospatial Gateway Forum, Special Edition, with Geo-Resolution 2020 can be viewed using the links in the agenda below to revisit specific sessions.
- VADM Sharp, Director of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Fred Pestello, Ph.D., President, SLU
- Roger Mason, Ph.D., Chairman of USGIF Board
- Robert Gaskill-Clemons, Ph.D., CTO City of St. Louis
- Earl McDowell, Local Government Account Manager, Esri
- Nadine Alameh, Ph.D., CEO, Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Moderator: Vasit Sagan, Ph.D., Director of Geospatial Institute @ SLU
- Allie Cicotte, Research and Data Associate, The Clark Fox Family Foundation
- Anthony Nguy-Robertson, Ph.D., Water Security Program Manager, Research Directorate, NGA
- Ingrid Peterson, Director, National Security Segment, Guidehouse
- Moderator: Chris Tucker, Ph.D., Chairman, American Geographic Society
- Alex Garza, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, SSM Health
- Erik Mueller, Ph.D., R&D Program Manager, Research Directorate, NGA
- Carlos Rodriguez-Diaz, Ph.D., Professor, George Washington University
- Moderator: Enbal Shacham Ph.D., Public Health and Associate Director of Geospatial Institute at SLU