Work With Us
Your partnership is essential.
The TGI’s Industry Engagement Program ensures that we are working as a community to reach outcomes that are scientifically innovative and make an impact on food systems, health systems, national security, and core geospatial science.
The Industry Engagement Program envisions three core types of engagement:
- TGI connects consortium graduates to partner hiring channels.
- TGI provides a Science Fellow or Scientist in Residence for a fixed-term role and collaborative research within a partner company.
- TGI consortium institution hosts a distinguished practitioner as an Industry Fellow who brings a geospatial research project for collaboration with TGI researchers.
- TGI creates research projects directly responsive to sponsoring partner’s needs.
- TGI develops broad, long-term programs of research through endowed professorships, graduate or undergraduate student fellowships, or lab naming driven by partner investment.
- TGI collaborates with a partner to expand the datasets that support access and discovery by researchers within the consortium.
- TGI works with a partner to grow the repository of software and tools available to TGI researchers.
- TGI collaborates with a partner to provide greater access to cloud storage and computing capabilities available to TGI researchers.
The TGI wants to partner with you to help solve your hardest geospatial problems.
Industry Fellows Program
The Taylor Geospatial Institute invites accomplished scientists/researchers from industry to bring significant contributions to the TGI’s mission and vision. The Industry Fellows program will allow the TGI to engage more deeply with the commercial sector, to help uncover powerful new funding or research & development opportunities, and to provide new employment pathways for talented people within the TGI consortium. Industry Fellows will get exposure to student and researcher talent within the TGI network and the opportunity to familiarize and connect talented individuials with their companies. With the Fellowship comes the chance to help shape and define the future of geospatial research and innovation.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Prospective applicants can indicate their interest here and Taylor Geospatial Institute staff will contact them about the Notice of Opportunity.